Wider Countryside Butterfly Survey (WCBS)
The Wider Countryside Butterfly Survey (WCBS) will be running from 2011 for at least another 3 years in a similar fashion to 2009 and 2010, as a collaborative project with Butterfly Conservation, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology and BTO.
The aim of WCBS is to get a representative picture of the status of butterflies in widespread habitats such as lowland intensive farmland and upland grassland and moorland. Results of the 2010 survey are now online.
The survey is carried out on your usual BBS route to enable future comparisons between birds and butterflies. The survey requires that you make separate visits between June and August (i.e. in addition to BBS visits) to your BBS square, recording butterflies with optional recording of day-flying moths and dragonflies.
More details about the survey and its methodology are available.
If you have any questions about WCBS, please contact:
BBS National Organiser
tel: 01843 750050
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)