Ringing Report 2010 Published
BTO Annual Ringing Report for 2010 has been published today. In Glamorgan, 6028 birds were ringed with 163 birds recovered*. In line, with the UK norm, Blue Tit is the species most ringed with 740.
Recovery data always makes interesting reading, and here’s a few select records:
- A Knot ringed at Rumney Great Wharf in January, 1997 was caught at Vlieland, the Netherlands in August, 2010
- Lesser Black-backed Gulls ringed in Cardiff have been observed in Guernsey, France, Portugal and Morocco
- A Willow Warbler ringed at Kenfig NNR in August 2008 was caught at Tipperary, Ireland in May and June, 2011
- A Starling ringed at Pentyrch in November 2007 crashed into a window in Juodeikiai, Lithunia in January, 2011
- Reed Buntings ringed in Cardiff Bay Wetlands Reserve have been caught at both Ty’n-y-Caeau and Lan farms in the Vale of Glamorgan and at Oxwich Marsh.
The full report for the UK is available from BTO.
*Note, these are ‘working’ totals and are likely to change as more data is received, and/or corrections are made.